About Me

Friday, February 15, 2008

Greetings From Georgia

So...Alot has happened. We (Ben and I) road tripped to GA with my dad. He did all the driving, pulling a trailer full of some of our stuff. I really can't thank him enough. We had fun. Benjamin was really good the whole way considering he was stuck in a carseat the whole time. He cried some, but mostly slept. So that was nice.

We arrived at the apartment on the 8th and while Rick was at work, my dad and I unloaded the trailer and then he left.

Rick couldn't sleep at home that night, so that was a little scary, but we made it. We unpacked boxes and ran errands. Realized we don't have the air mattress with! So we slept on the floor...a friend of Rick's bought and gave us a new air mattress. We slept on it for 4 nights. It deflated every single night. We returned it this morning and will be sleeping on the floor again tonight. :-/

On Monday Benjamin woke up with a fever. It was between 100.4 and 101.9 until Tuesday night. Then he got a nasty chest cold with a lot of mucus but the fever was gone. Today he is feeling better and eating a little better, but the low grade fever was back today.

On Tuesday, Rick's parents drove in. It was nice to have them around and they enjoyed seeing Benjamin (and us too).

Wednesday night was the OCS graduation ball. Rick's parents babysat for us while we enjoyed a night out together. We had a good time, but the ball was a bit stiff. We mingled, ate some food, and listened to a speech. By the time we got home, (about 3.5 hours later) I was ready to be home and out of my dress and shoes.

On Thursday I became a 2nd LT's wife. A proud moment for me. Rick was a distinguished military graduate and in the top 10% of his class. The graduation was nice and short. Benjamin was really well behaved for that too.

Now we are just relaxing and spending some time together. Rick has a few days of leave, so it is nice to be able to spend some time together after so long apart.

I tried to post photos, but it won't let me right now. I will put them on facebook and try again later...

No comments:

Post a Comment