Yep, we're at that critical point...less than a week and we're moving our lives yet again. As you can see, Ben too is beside himself...lol.
That picture is actually from 3 days ago. We've made much progress since then. It's still a disaster zone in here, but at least it's shaping into a more organized mess. Oh, you like that happy birthday banner? It's been up there since July 22nd.
I put the furniture on craigslist this morning. I know it's cutting it close, but I figure if it's not meant to be then it won't be. I'm praying that God just takes control of the furniture and the space in the trailer. You know a little fish and bread to feed thousands? How about a trailer with unlimited space? :) God will handle it. I know it.
The majority of our in home mess is empty boxes and stuff that we brought from Rick's parents house. It's a lot of stuff that we've been hauling around since Christmas. We had to get the trailer/truck weighed empty, so it all had to come into the house. This weekend we are going to do a TON of packing and moving and hopefully leave all of next week for random odds and ends, cleaning, and relaxing. When we moved from GA we were up all night loading the trailer and cleaning the apartment the night before we moved. I will not go through that again.
We've thrown a lot of stuff away so far and consolidated some boxes. Honing those packing skills you know.
Last night we went on a box hunting mission. As it turns out, local grocery stores here don't let you have their boxes. They smash/bale them. One local grocery did give me an empty apple box from the produce department though. Lol. Our mission was successful almost immediately. We went to the dumpsters behind some of the smaller, not chain stores and voila! Jack pot. I think we have all the boxes we need, and if we don't, now we know where to go.
Anyway...I have to get on with my day...stuff to do, people to see... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment