Our first culprit was the blue Mercedes in the middle. As you can see he parked in the lined space where the handicap ramp is. He seemed oblivious to the mom with the odd look on her face as she tried to figure out how she would get her double jogging stroller smoothly off the curb. He then exited the car and walked into the Super Cuts.
A few moments later, the blue Toyota rolled into the handicapped space to the left. He had nothing hanging from the rear view mirror and looked less than handicapped as he made his way into Starbucks.
And...a few moments after that, the little white two door rolled in. Little miss thang was definitely NOT handicapped as she flipped her hair and sauntered into Desert Sun and Tan.
Richard and I just stared in disbelief as we tried to decide whether or not we should call the police. Now, not only could no handicapped person park in those spots, but a person in a wheel chair would have no ramp to use.
As we enjoyed our Subway from the car, 15 minutes went by.
Gramps in the middle returned with a newspaper and decided it would be best to remain in the pedestrian walk way and catch up on world events.
Shortly after, Starbucks man came back with his coffee and drove away....and just awhile after that desert sun came back with a new glow about her and also drove away.
Gramps kept on reading the paper and was actually still parked there reading when we left.
I just couldn't believe that perfectly able bodied people would do such a thing. Are you that pathetic that you can't walk a few more feet? It's really kind of ridiculous.
I mean, I've parked in a tow away zone before..probably...maybe blocked a fire lane for a couple of minutes...I don't know...but this just seemed kind of excessive.
what are you two, the local neighborhood watch? lol, what i think is more ridiculous than 3 people parking illegally is that 2 people sat and documented the event. haha hey, atleast the old guy was in his car and could have moved if a handicapped person came along. :) and i am guilty of parking in the space for expectant mothers, but i figured they don't go grocery shopping at midnight..
ReplyDeleteOk..in our defense..Benjamin was sleeping in the car and we were hungry, so we were eating in the car and since I ALWAYS have my camera with me..I thought, "why not..."
ReplyDeleteoh, and the old man didn't care to move for the mom and the jogging stroller...
ReplyDeletewell duh, she had a jogger. those things are made for off-roading! he was just testing the stroller's capabilities.
ReplyDeleteGirls, I feel like you are home and back in high school. :-) However, your comments do entertain me. I love the off-roading one. But, let's not forget that handicap accessiblity is one of the most abused priviledges. I'm sure your aunts will have alot to say about it. When Aunt Cindy had a cast up to her hip and really, really needed and could only use the handicap bathroom, and people like me were using it instead...not cool, not cool at all.
ReplyDeleteOh......I know the feeling of really needing to use my tag and there are days it was just a convienence. Thanks for the refresher!
ReplyDeleteGuess which movie this line is from, "Make the call"....
ReplyDeleteGive up? The guy's name who said it was Terry Benedict (character, not actor)....now do you know which movie?
Next time...MAKE THE CALL
People just don't care, nobody wants to be inconvenienced. Sad but true. I also find it irritating when people shove their shopping carts into the lot instead of taking two seconds to put them in the return.
ReplyDelete