**Edit** I was too tired last night..but I'll add some captions now...
We decided to sketch our designs first. We used dry erase markers and they worked pretty well.
Benjamin was excited at first but only lasted about an hour before he was whining to go to bed. It was only 8:30!
This is some serious carving.
Yes, Em, a plastic knife, I checked, it can't cut you. 

Richard was unable to get the precision cuts he wanted because his pumpkin was too thick. He got out his drill and said, "I'm a genius!" He continues to keep me laughing.
The finished products! :)
This is some serious carving.
Richard was unable to get the precision cuts he wanted because his pumpkin was too thick. He got out his drill and said, "I'm a genius!" He continues to keep me laughing.
The finished products! :)

very cute pumpkins! i love how richard took out the power tools for the ordeal! they turned out really cute.
ReplyDeleteonly two pieces of advice:
don't let ben play with knives (yeah i know it was plastic) ;) and never let richard wear those pants! haha
LOL I love the power drill. You guys are so talented!! Cute!
ReplyDeleteLoved your new pics, but I was surprised at seeing Richard with power tools! Thanks for the virtual tour of your new house. I really enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Val
i've never seen anyone carve a pumpkin with power tools...
ReplyDeleteRichard needs a Dremmel. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pictures and cute pumpkins. Did you fry any pumpkin seeds?
I can just hear Richard saying that! He is a genius you know. I'm sure Dad would have gotten out his jig saw to finish the job. You've gotta love a kid that whines to go to bed! Isn't usually the other way around?
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Cleavers!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the pictures.)
Love the pumpkins - so clever - and only Richard would use power tools - go Rick! and hey, ya gotta wear old pants to carve pumpkins.
ReplyDeleteok seriously, what's up with the pants? You can barely see them? They are just red fleece sweatpants..they aren't that bad! I got them for him for christmas once upon a time.
ReplyDelete