About Me

Monday, November 24, 2008

Re-Do

On Saturday night we took our Garage sale earnings to TGI Friday's. Gotta have some cheesecake! Then we went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and got some material to recover our kitchen table chairs. It's just a $99 Wal-Mart table, but the chair covers have taken a beating over the last few months and we wanted them to look a little nicer. I also bought some fleece and made Ben a blanket. (While Rick and I were dating I made him a blanket and it's pretty big, but Ben still attempts to drag it around, so now he has his own)

Anyway....
Here is a before. The color of the fabric is pretty blah and it's been through a lot...baby food, spaghetti, drinks, sticky hands, cake frosting, and even duct tape, although I can't remember why now....and the great bread stick incident of '08. Yeah...it gets a little messy around here.....In the photo below Richard is checking out the staples his staple gun came with. He bought a lot of 5 staple guns awhile back on ebay for 9.99 and was pretty excited to finally get to use one. Here is a completed chair, we've come a long way since bread sticks and butter eh mom? And here is my cute little table...I had to "mini" decorate because the table is so small everything looks a little ridiculous on it...
Oh...and this is what happens when Daddy leaves the fridge door open and mommy isn't around....Benjamin took one bite out of almost every single grape....Don't worry, daddy was there to help finish off the rest.

AND I forgot to post yesterday, but it was Richard's Dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Boss Man! We hope you had a great day! :)

5 comments:

  1. I like the fabric you chose for your chairs! Way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are very crafty! Nice work! Would love to hear more about the breadstick incident! Sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chairs and final table look great and the pics of Ben and Richard are so cute. Maybe it is a kid thing but Faith will take on bite out of everything like that too - she did that just the other night at Denny's. One bite out of every star nugget and fry. Wierdos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo....don't mention the breadstick incident...Good work on the chairs. The table looks pretty. I love the fabric...I actually have some here almost identical to it! (Yes, Richard, you could have had some for free!) GRAPES? No WHOLE grapes until after 5 years of age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice covering work and Ben I still take bites!!!

    ReplyDelete