Two days ago, I was doing random searches on craigslist for things we may want in the future...like a piano, or a treadmill....I found this little beauty located near our house and advertised for only $100. Richard thought this was a steal and called the guy. It turns out he and his wife are moving tomorrow and needed the piano to be gone by tonight. There were multiple interested parties and it became somewhat of a bidding war. After the price went up, I talked Rick out of it, it's just not something we need to spend money on right now. He gave me a hard time about it, saying it was something he really wanted etc.A little while later the guy called us back and said, no one can move the piano by tomorrow, so if you can come get it tonight, I'll give it to you for free.
Naturally, Richard could not pass on that deal. So he called a couple of places, rented a trailer, and off he went.
We had $60 cash, so we gave that to the guy, it was too nice to take for free, and the wife had had it since she was four years old.
A friend from church helped him move it into our house. (Thanks Luke, and Happy Birthday!)
Benjamin was in LOVE...so I guess when He's four, it's lesson time!

Oh and if you are curious, it's a 1905 Richmond Piano, made in Richmond, IN. It has all of it's original ebony and ivory keys and the stool is original too. On the feet of the stool there are glass balls. Everything is in really nice shape, the piano needs to be tuned, but it doesn't sound horrible as of right now. And now we have something to go in our empty dining room!
That is a steal!!! Great find. When we were living in Portland, we got a similar deal on a super old piano. Brings back good memories ;-) We sold ours for a meager profit when we moved away.
ReplyDeleteFantastic! You will never regret having a piano in your home. Now Rick can start getting back into piano-shape. It is beautiful, and probably a rare find. I believe it is a sign that babygirl M will be a concert pianist.
ReplyDeletenice! That's a beauty! I would love to get a piano, even though neither of us can play. it's still nice to have.
ReplyDeleteOh and poor Ben about the Jack in the Box guy! I always thought he was a little scary too!