About Me

Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy & Sappy...

First some pictures... Benjamin, very proud of his line up of toys...Auntie Jill sent those stacking cups right after Ben was born..and they've been everywhere with us and are still a favorite bath time toy.
Bedtime last night, he's still the cutest sleeper ever.

Loving on his sister....you really should see him "play" that guitar. It's hilarious.


"Zen Bath" as Emily dubbed it...she was so relaxed she fell asleep!


"Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!"
************************

Ahh, another week has flown right by. It's amazing how fast time flies when two kids are keeping me busy.

I feel so blessed, so content, just happy. :-D

I just have to say (again) how thankful I am to have had my sister here for a week. I was struggling with Benjamin's bedtime and had tried to do the super nanny technique on my own, but always ended up laying with him anyway. With Emily here, I was able to stick with it, and now the bath/bed routine is one of my favorite parts of the day. It's been a little over two weeks and now it's just so easy...and it definitely helps that Evey is an angel baby now. (I still can't believe it)

Today, a friend from church came over and watched the kids so I could go to the eye doctor. It's been about two years since I've been and I was down to my last contact...and Benjamin broke my glasses a few days ago (I was taking a shower and he came in the bathroom going "oohhh nooo!" I peeked out to see my broken glasses). So it was time.

It was so nice to go to the appointment and know that my babes were in great hands. It was also nice to just have some time without kids. Sooo, THANKS! :)

I got new contacts, a new brand that allows my eyes to breathe..and I picked out some new glasses..I don't think I'm good at picking out glasses, but the two women in the office seemed to like the same pair, so those are the ones I got. We'll see what Rick thinks. I'm usually too vain to wear my glasses anywhere but at home anyway.

The weather has been beautiful, with the exception of rain yesterday. It's been a little chilly, but the sunshine has been great, and the sky has been so beautiful and blue.

Anyway....other notable things that I haven't mentioned...I finally made it back to Bible study this week. It was great to be back. I'm hosting our small group tomorrow night, I'm happy about that, I feel like it's been forever since I've seen anyone from the group. Ben's haircut is growing on me. I think I didn't like it at first because it made him look more like a big kid. Oh..Evey rolled over today! She's getting so strong. She's also making baby noises more and more and I just love it. It's so precious.
My babies are such a gift.

....I feel like this has been such a sappy post and as I'm re-reading, it's kind of all over the place too...That's what you get when it takes me an hour to write it...distracted by 20/20....
Anyway, it's 11:09 and I really need to get to bed. Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well, let's see a pic of those glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to hear about the bath/bedtime routine! I always like to hear how other mama's do things.

    amazing Evey fell asleep in the tub! so cute.

    ReplyDelete