About Me

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just an Ordinary Day....


Nothing too eventful going on in our house today. I wanted to go to the mall, but didn't make it..even though I was showered and dressed before 9:30am!

I'm on a roll with this new routine we have going. Routine is great for children, I highly recommend it. The new bedtime leaves me plenty of time in the evenings for editing photos (poorly until I get photoshop..Robert...) working on my website, reading, and learning. I'm getting enough sleep, and my house is clean. Now, if only I had a husband who worked a 9-5!

Hmm..I thought I had stuff to blog about, but I don't really.

Benjamin has been as sweet as ever. I love that kid. He says a lot of words now...like...dog, truck, car, help, mama, daddy, up, down, oh no, oh man, wow, duck, bath, mail, shoes, juice, elmo, papa, more, "O" (as in the letter, he can point it out of the alphabet), sister, choo choo and chugga chugga, bug, bat, hot dog..I'm sure I'm missing some... Granted, most of those are words probably only I understand...but he's smart and even when I'm not getting it, he's smart enough to point. He melts my heart and keeps me laughing. A couple days ago he was running around being silly and every couple of minutes he would come over and give me a big squeeze (aka bear hug). Who wouldn't love that?

Evelyn is my sweet angel. She was supposed to go to the doctor today for her 2 month well-baby. But our Dr. is sick and had to reschedule. Bummer, I was really anxious to see what she weighs and how tall she is. She's nearly busting out of size two diapers AND I put a 6 month (Carter's Brand) outfit on her and it definitely fit. She is rapidly outgrowing most of her 3 month stuff. My little Amazon baby.... :)

She rolled over two days ago for the first time! Tummy to back, I know that's the easy one, but I'm still proud of her. ;) She's cooing and making all these sweet little baby noises, but every time I replace my face with a camera she stops...soo..I need my assistant to hurry up and get home.

Just about a week to go on this mini-deployment. I can't wait to have my man back!

In other news...I was looking back on my 2008 posts...Rick's Mom wins the contest for most original and amusing comments of 2008...my favorite being from my 40 Week post...She wrote, "Look at it as an achievement - you did it and went to full term! Way to go, girl. You know you just wanted an A in pregnancy."

There was also another one where she referred to my pregnant belly as a "protective shield." Haha, thanks for making me smile. Enjoy your award!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations, Mom, on your award! Does it come with a statue like the Oscars? Or a ring like the Superbowl? A trophy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Nikon, too (a D80). I love it.

    You do a great job with your pictures! What editing software do you currently use since you don't yet have photoshop?

    ReplyDelete