About Me

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Recent Project!

Sooooo....I've been searching for awhile now for a headboard/footboard combo that Rick and I could paint for the guest bedroom. While we were at my parents house over Christmas, my mom and dad had painted a bed, dresser, and nightstand and they all turned out really nice. I thought it was a great idea and a cheap way to get a nice looking bedroom...

One fine night while Rick was still gone I found the headboard I'd been searching for on craigslist. He was going to be home in a few days, so I decided to email the lady to see if she still had it and work the details later. 

She told me she had it, and she would even drop it off...but the next day when I called her back, she said her husband had sold it too her brother. Bummer! 

The day after that, Rick and I were out and I was telling him about the headboard and what had happened. Then my phone rang, it was the lady calling back saying that her brother didn't have the right rails and so it wasn't going to work for him. Score! ;) 

She delivered it the next day AND they had even found the rails! Woohoo! 

So...Rick set to work sanding and painting..and thoroughly enjoying his new air compressor....and I hear some people are pretty jealous... LoL!

Finished product, I really love it!






5 comments: