About Me

Friday, May 8, 2009

New Things

Yesterday Benjamin turned 22 months. I can't believe my baby is almost 2! It's ridiculous. He is talking so much these days and has started to say short phrases...like....night night, come on, my cars, help me, help you, red car, blue car, don't touch, and watch nemo. He also now says please and thank you, stands on a step stool to wash his hands, wipes his nose on his sleeve ( we didn't teach him that one...), can put his crocs on by himself, and he can take his clothes off before the bath. It's like he learned all of this stuff over night and suddenly went from my baby to my toddler. *sigh*

The baby sister is doing some new things too, she laughs (I think she started laughing at the end of March actually, but now she laughs at things Ben does and it's too cute.) She just found out that toes make good pacifiers, blowing bubbles or raspberries is fun, and just two days ago she started reaching for me! *beams with pride**  When she is in the walker, or in the high chair (chillin' not eatin') and I walk by, she sticks her little arms out and makes sweet baby noises. I love it so much. 

Not much else to report. The mantle is painted with one coat and we halted construction last night for some much needed family time. It was nice, but tonight it's back to work because I'm a little tired of the dust, and the plastic, and the tools....

Here's your mantle sneak peak! Ha!!
My little Elf
Ben's know it all face...
I think she might have green eyes. Boo. I'm still hoping they turn brown. 
(but I'll live if they don't)
Yep..that's ketchup on his head. 

*****
Since it's been awhile...I'm grateful for...
1. Sunshine (as always)
2. a healthy family
3. daily devotions 
4. prayer
5. little miracles 
 

2 comments:

  1. So cute and it is amazing how fast the talking goes once they start those 2-3 word phrases. I love that time. I'm glad you'll keep Evey but if green eyes are too much, send her to me and I'll take her. :)

    ReplyDelete