About Me

Sunday, September 27, 2009

H1H1 (aka Swine Week....) *EDIT*


....Is hopefully almost over.....

Benjamin, Mom, and Liz, did not escape..Katie, Dad, Ev, and I did. Hopefully it stays that way...I really don't want the flu..especially this 6+ day flu.

However, Benjamin was prescribed Tamiflu, an anti-viral medication and he woke up the next morning fever free, and has been acting more and more himself, and has remained fever free. So..if you have H1N1 symptoms, I would advise making it to the Dr. within the first 48 hours so you can get the Tamiflu. Here is more info if you don't know much about it.

That photo was taken the day Ben got his fever (102.1)..The dr. told us that the flu hits in an instant, and it did just that. I think other than a few puking episodes, this is the worst Ben has been in all of his 2 years. It was sad to see him all lethargic...But I'm happy about the way he bounced back with prayers and the medicine.

Ah..it's been a long week...and I'm starting to doze as I type... :-o

*******
Evey just came down with a fever...please pray she gets over this quickly, she is too young for the Tamiflu and pray that I don't get it either because pregnant women shouldn't take it either..(according to my OB)...

5 comments:

  1. so glad he is doing better! we had flu like symptoms about 2 weeks ago, but no fever....I wondered if we had swine flu. Does it always come with a fever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Ben is feeling better! I am so terrified about the Swine, especially since the doctors have told us that the Swine could be fatal to someone with Olivia's fragile immune system! I cannot wait for them to start with the vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you had to go through that! I'm glad you didn't all get it.

    I have never had any experience with H1N1 but I know I've gotten the flu "in an instant" like that before. It's scary how fast it makes you sick! So glad you're all getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, just saw the edit, after I commented. I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete