About Me

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Random...



Finally got my Valentine's gift from Rick in the mail on Monday! It's a camera strap cover and I LOVE it! He ordered it two months ago, so I've been waiting awhile. It is pretty great.. =)

In other news...the house has been cleaned and sanitized. I got a little bit of an energy spurt on Tuesday, so I took that day and went crazy, cleaning and finishing the last of the organizing. Mopped all the floors (however...clean floors are short lived...), sanitized all door knobs etc. The kind of ridiculous "spring cleaning" type stuff.

Today, I had Bible study and we went to the park, then grocery shopped, then I came home and cleaned the van..and installed all three car seats for a test run. I tried four different ways before settling on the way it is now. I think it's going to work, and there is still room for extra passengers. My van is pretty great. You can't beat doors that automatically close with a push of a button. Love.

Tomorrow is my 38 week appointment. I am hoping to hear that there is progress and that this baby will be here sooner than later. I'm just ready to get this show on the road! I'm praying for God's timing and a name, but it would be nice to be somewhat adjusted (and recovered) BEFORE Rick arrives.

In other news..Evelyn is really trying to talk these days. She's doing great at imitating the sounds and intonation of words. She says help now, and shakes her head yes correctly when you ask her questions.

Ben is speaking more and more clearly, and in longer sentences. He currently says "can't" instead of "don't." i.e. "I can't want that." I love it and I know it's only a matter of time before it's another thing he learns to say the right way. He's also started saying "Thank You" instead of just "Thanks."

Basically every thing he says cracks me up and I love listening to him talk. Especially when he's recapping an event, like Sunday nursery, or story hour. He also has been saying "Jesus loves me and Evey too."

And..he has started singing. I love that I can recognize the songs he is trying to sing. This morning he was telling Evey "a story 'bout Jesus." Then he started singing "the bible tells me so." It's so sweet.

Anyway...parental musings...today was a good day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment