About Me

Saturday, April 17, 2010

R&R has come to an end...



It went fast, but slow..and it was wonderful. We all loved being together again, and it only took a couple of days to adjust and then everything fell into place and felt normal again.

We are now looking forward to the end of this deployment more than ever!

We didn't do anything really, Rick and I went on one date, and other than that, we lounged around the house and enjoyed each others company. After the kids went to bed, we would hang out on the couch, watch a movie, maybe order a late night pizza and talk and laugh.

I love that we've been married almost five years, have three kids, and still have plenty of things to joke, and laugh, and talk about. He's my best friend and I love spending time with him. (Okay..go barf if you must!)

We embarked on some new home improvements too..painted the laundry room and started building some cupboards. They still need doors, but what's 80-ish days with no doors?

Other than that, it was exactly what it should be, Rest & Relaxation. The break we both desperately needed from the everyday grind without each other.

He left this morning and we already miss him...but at least the first 9 months are over and done!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to spend quality time together as a family! So happy for you that deployment is almost over! You rock girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading this was hard, because I know what it feels like to have them leave again... but my heart is just full of joy for you all, too, because I also know what it is like for it to be just perfect, and to have enjoyed every minute of it. I love when the come home, and everything is the way it should be, and you're just HAPPY. Then, even when they leave, there is still a part of it that feels good, because you know you have come so far!! Nine months!! wooo hooo!!
    You all are in my thoughts and prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah's my bestie too so I won't go barf because I know exactly what you're talking about. :o)

    I am so glad that you guys had a great R&R.
    Less than 3 months to go!!! The finish line is in sight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to spend time together! It is so much better to take R&R after the halfway point. These next weeks will fly by!!!

    ReplyDelete