
Dear Perp,
In the off chance that you used my checks to pay your internet bill, I just have a few things I want to say to you...
I wanted to let you know that you stole my birthday present. The pretty yellow purse and the cute wallet with the birds on it...my husband picked those out for ME.
Really though, you can keep the purse and the wallet if you must, but I have a few things I'd like to get back. For starters, there was a photo strip and a little note from my husband, a cute little tin with tiny make-up brushes in it, a burp cloth my cousin made for me, my Macy's coupons..you know, so I can buy a new purse and save some cash...I'd also like my grocery list and my drivers license, you don't need those things anyway.
I'd like to thank you for kindly searching my purse before you stole it. It was so nice that you took the time to leave my cell phone behind. I liked how you placed it on top of the broken glass so I would know you were the one who put it there. I'd like to think it was an act of kindness, but it was probably because cell phones have GPS location these days. Either way, my phone is pretty valuable to me, so thanks.
Also, as you were rummaging through my things, I noticed you skipped over my Bible. You probably should have taken that. There's some pretty good stuff in there.
Oh, and I noticed on my bank's website that you went to 7/11 and bought some gas and after that you headed to McDonald's. I hope that was good for you. Did you try the big Angus burger? Maybe you even got a little bit of a thrill from using a stolen credit card! How exciting.
Next time, just wait outside my van and I'll write you a check. That way, we both win.
-Ashley
P.S.
- I didn't take the picture at the top of this post.
- My purse was not visible from outside the car, it was actually under my coat and in the backseat.
- Our perp also took Rick's Kodak Zi6. A hand held video camera. But they left my GPS.
- Ben has glass in his finger, it was too pretty not to touch.
- I got no satisfaction from shop-vac-ing all that glass, but it did give me a reason to clean the van.
- I'm curious what the person robbing me thought when they saw my 3 car seats and the little kid shoes all over the back of my van...
- I forgot to eat today until 9pm. That's probably the reason Addy was restless and fussy all day.
- *sigh*
I am so sorry to hear that your car was broken into! It sucks to have to go through that stuff alone. I guess on the up side you did go through your water leak disaster and remodle by yourself so that was good practice in dealing with these sort of tragedies alone. Glad he left your phone, sorry for all the memories and personal items that are irreplacable!
ReplyDeleteSAD
ReplyDeleteboo!! Ya, seriously...the 3 carseats, that kills me-like they have no conscience at all. It's like hello I'm a mother of 3, I probably don't have a ton of extra cash to just splurge--but go ahead and take my money anyway. Grr! So angry when I read this post! Sorry :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry this happened to you. I thank god that he waited until you were gone however because it sounds like he watched you at the car. This sucks, it's inconvenient, and a total invasion of your life when you don't need it. You're right, he should have taken the bible...
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that does make you feel so violated. We had our car broken into right after we lost our baby and they took ALL of my cd's and we were planning on using some of that music in the funeral. It was such a kick in the teeth(and my cd's weren't visible either). And they also stole my armor-all and windex wipes... ???
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm really sorry that happened to you. It is such a sickening feeling.
That made me cry and took me back a few years when, on my last day at work, after a really nice goint-away lunch, I left to go to my new van and go home....well, no van(I was sure where I parked it and set the anti-theft system). 3 weeks later it was found burnt to a crisp in the middle of a wheat field. The only reason they found it was because the fire they set in the van, burned nearly the whole field. The fire fighters found it after they put out the wheat. My Bible(a gift from my husband) still lay between the seats, slightly charred at the edges, but still intact. That's how the state police were able to confirm it was my van....so, I really know how you are feeling right now and wish I could give you a big hug!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that is awful. I am so sorry. Out of everything, I would the most upset about the note, and the birthday present... because they are from YOUR MAN, especially to YOU. Ugh. The kicker is that he obviously thought about it... the way he rummaged through things and left the cell. I would love to know what he thought about the 3 car seats, too.
ReplyDelete