About Me

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let's go Scootering!





In recent days the kids have decided they aren't afraid of our big hill any more and it might actually be kinda fun. So we broke out the knee pads and helmets and went for a cruise down the hill. I took some video too, but the Flip is downstairs and I'm too lazy to go and get it now...Anyway...Ben rode his scooter, his car, his "mocar-cycle" and even his bike, which was really a surprise to us. He had an incident, that he still remembers, where his bike went too fast and he thought he was going to fall off, but now he seems to be a bit braver..a welcome change for mommy and daddy. We almost always have to force him to do fun things before he realizes that the activities are fun and he likes them.

Ev just stuck to her scooter, and she was a vision in pink. She picked out her own outfit today courtesy of her sister's closet, and yesterday we stopped at the goodwill and they each got a set of elbow/knee pads (which they both think are super awesome). Ev also got a new helmet, since it's bike riding season again. Addyson needs the baby helmet so Evey picked out a nice pink helmet with bunnies on it. According to her it's a "princess helmet, oney for me." She cracks me up.

I took her with me for a pedi today. An early birthday week gift from the husband. She told me I couldn't have pink nails, because pink is hers. So I have blue toe nails :-P We had fun, I'm excited for the day when Addy can come too.

Other than that..it was a lazy Saturday around here...nothing new going on. We're enjoying being outside more now, and happy to be seeing a little more sun.

Anyway...it feels like a rambling post now..so I'll hang it up and go to bed...goodnight!

P.S. Happy Birthday to my Brother...and Happy Wedding Day to my cousin! Sad we couldn't be there!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes... the BIG hills! I remember having those when I was little... and having so much fun when i was finally brave enough to try them!

    ReplyDelete