I am busy. Wow. My kids really have been keeping me on my toes lately..and with the husband busy too, some times I look at the clock and I swear it isn't moving!Today I cleaned upstairs, sorted our endless supply of toys, locked up some old ones, brought out something different to entertain them with...It was a large job, last time I was organizing my closet they were upstairs in the toy closet dumping bin after bin of blocks, train tracks, pretty much everything...such a pain..It took me 5 hours to complete the job in between re-doing what the kids were un-doing, entertaining them (hmm I should have put a movie on..where was my brain..), feeding them...etc. I don't think I sat down at all until they were in bed tonight!
Rick worked until 8pm too, so it was the whole dinner/bath/bed routine solo tonight. I know I've said it before, but I can't picture doing it alone anymore. I was saved only by the grace of God during that stupid deployment. Small children are a LOT of work (but of course a lot of fun too!). Being pregnant on top of that doesn't probably help my cause..but still, I am super exhausted!
I know it's after midnight. I should be sleeping..but I still feel kinda wound up from the stress of the day....
*Blogging break* :-D Be back soon...
In funnier news...Ben & Ev continue to crack me up daily. Comic relief is so great at this stage.
We had some errands to run (i.e. deliver things to Rick at work), and when we got home the screen door was open (it has a thing you step on to keep it open, helpful for groceries..etc). Ben saw it open and said....
B- Mommy! Why you leff this door open?
M- I forgot to close it, I guess....
B - You can't do that. Old people can get in! And we don't want that..no *shakes his head.*
M- *trying not to laugh* No, you're right, we really don't want the old people to get in.
E- WE. DON'T. WANT. BAD. OLPEOPLE EITHER!
M - Hmm, nope Ev, I think it would be really bad if bad old people got in our house!
B - Ooooh yeah Evey! Bad old people might be dirty too.
M - okay..let's get ready to eat..
B - But Mommy, you check that front door to be closed so those old people can't get in ours house.
Hilarious..where do they even get this stuff???
We ordered pizza tonight, since I was in absolutely no mood to cook and Richard requested a Slurpee in our giant refillable Slurpee cup from his sister...I gave it to Ben to bring to the van, but he left it on the table when he put his shoes on..annnnnyway...
M- B, where's that Slurpee cup?
B -Oh snap. I for-dot it. You got it in yers purse?
M- nope..I didn't bring it..I guess we can't get a Slurpee today.
B- oh! mommy! they have cups in the Slurpee store. it's no problem.
Riiiight. Silly me..
Anyway...I suppose I'm ready for bed..watched some TV, blogged, checked out Etsy, spent some time on Pinterest...Tomorrow we're going to a wedding, parts of which I'm photographing. So I should probably be rested..
Goodnight all.
It is crazy what kids come up with... especially together! I love when you share little conversations like this :)
ReplyDelete