
Sick Rick is no longer sick. I updated about this via face book, but I forget that the family members who read this blog sometimes are not on face book. So..On Wednesday Rick was feeling much better after finishing his round of antibiotics. He was still pretty tired and weak, but on Thursday he was eating normally and felt much, much better. So, thank you for the prayers and thoughts, it was a loooong week trying to keep him comfortable and keep the kids and myself away from him since we didn't know what it was that he had...He still can't remember the name of the bacteria, which drives me a little nutty, but I suppose it doesn't matter any more since he's all better!
In other news...I don't know if I mentioned it on the blog, but we had two cats living under our house...So Rick decided to throw on his cat hunting gear and check out the crawl space. Thankfully no cats or kittens were down there, but there was insulation torn up all over the place, poop, pee, fur, blood...NASTY. I stayed out because I'm pregnant...But it basically smells like a dirty litter box under there. We sealed the hole and haven't noticed any signs that the cats were trying to return. Thankfully we didn't have to chase them out or beat them..Rick took a racket ball racket down there...you know, just in case. :-O

Other than that, it appears that Washington's Summer has finally arrived..better late than never, eh? We've had two gorgeous days in a row, with temps around 80. So we've been hanging in the backyard and celebrating Benjamin's birthday week. Lots of popsicles, water gun fights, slip and slide, and "watering the grass." AKA playing in the hose. We don't have any major plans for the 4th. But we got some sparklers and those snake things..nothing loud or obnoxious..We might check out the freedom festival on post, but Addyson doesn't care for loud noises and honestly it's a lot of work to haul three small children around crowded places. They don't like it and we really don't either. So we'll see. Anyway..I'll leave you with this cute pic of Ben and Ev showing me their popsicles. It's serious business. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment