About Me

Thursday, September 8, 2011

As I Think it...

Rick's brother and his wife are here visiting for the week. The kids have really enjoyed having new people in the house, and it's been fun to watch them all interact. It's been nice for us too, other adults to converse with and do fun stuff with. Tomorrow we got a babysitter so we can all go out sans kids. The picture above is from our trip in Seattle. We went up the space needle and before you go they take a photo of you in front of the fake background. We decided we wouldn't be purchasing the photo, but we all agreed it turned out better than we thought anyway! Definitely fridge worthy. :)

In other news...I am 34 weeks pregnant now. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes on Monday and now I must check my blood sugar 4 times a day and watch what I eat. So far, it hasn't been too bad and I've lost 4 pounds (not that I'm trying to, it just happened). The baby is active and gets the hiccups a lot..I am not too uncomfortable yet and the babe has even dropped a little low relieving me of the intense heartburn I was suffering from since around 19 weeks! I haven't been as tired since I started my iron supplement either which has been nice.

The weather has been really nice the past few weeks since we returned from our vacation. It feels like an Indian Summer which has always been a favorite of mine. I love pumpkins and fall smells and decorations, but it's nice that it's cool in the mornings/evenings and warm during the day.

In the kid department...Addyson is talking so much now and she always bursts into these little made up songs, Evey will almost always join her until it turns into a musical shouting match. It can be annoying, but I'm glad they have a love for music.

Evelyn will be going to preschool too, the same time as Ben, so that will be a nice little morning break for me and the littles 2x a week. Maybe we'll grocery shop or sleep in the parking lot, who knows...but I am excited to see how it goes.

Ben is acting more and more like a kid and less like a toddler. He has always been an independent kid, but more so now. Some days, I'm not sure I like it! He's definitely a strong willed child and has a stubborn streak..but despite that, he is still such a sweet kid, and very intuitive of feelings (when he's not blinded by his own demands!).

Anyway...I'm sure my time (it's quiet time for the kiddos) is dwindling away, but I wanted to update since it's been so long. I always get better at blogging in the Winter...less fun stuff to do outside. I still need to shower for the day..yeah it's almost 4pm..oh well. Some days you win at life, some days you don't.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment