How the heck did a month go by already? This is getting out of hand. They never tell you that time starts to speed up exponentially in relation to how old you are and how many children you have. No wonder people write songs entitled "Don't Blink." I can't handle it..before I know it they are all 4 going to be grown up and leaving me.Anyway...Things Emmett can do: Poop a lot, make adorable baby noises, roll from tummy to back, and just today he smiled twice, I'm convinced it was at me, but you can never be too sure at this age. I took a video of him rolling over since I guess it's something he's not supposed to be doing yet. So maybe I will post that...
He is spending more time during the day awake and more time at night asleep. He sleeps 4-6 hour stretches at night and that's great for me. I am still co-sleeping and I probably will continue to do that for another month or so....Why? 1. I like having a nursing baby close at night, 2. I like to snuggle him, 3. I'm paranoid something will happen to him, 4. He's most likely my last baby =( and 5. Sometimes in the morning when the littles come in my room, I'm not awake and they quietly take things..I can't have them taking my baby...
====================================================================
In other news...my house is a mess and I can't keep up. We're moving in 2-3 months and I'm terrified. I can honestly tell you it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about packing up our house and moving away from the only place we've ever lived that's felt like home. At the same time I'm okay with a new adventure, but all the while secretly hoping it's just temporary and then we can come back home. I hate the thought of taking Ben and Evelyn out of preschool and moving them away from their friends and the nursery staff at church. Ben is shy by nature and I feel like we've just cleared the hurdle of his anxiety only to have to uproot our lives again...I don't like it..
Just like everything else in my life, I know that I am going to blink and it's going to be time to move, and I'll go to sleep and wake up and it will be time to move again and Benjamin will be 5 years old. Won't somebody please stop this train?
Ah..I'm off to cry now. The life of a mom is a crazy roller coaster ride all the time....can't say I don't love it though. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment