So...I was asked today if my blog is a "journal." Interesting. Does it seem too journal-y? I was trying to figure out what makes mine different from other peoples...I just started the blogging business, but I have kept a journal since I was 12. So what makes my "blog" different from my "journal?" Well. My journal is definitely more personal. I usually include random thoughts and feelings, people who get on my nerves, special things about my day to day life...etc.
I don't really care much about politics, so you won't see any heated comment wars here. The main purpose of starting this "blog" is to keep family and friends (who don't get to see us/talk to us often) updated on our lives.
So..in our lives today, Benjamin has a slight cold. I am planning to take him to the doctor later this week. He will be 6 months old on the 7th. It's hard to believe he's been around for half a year already.
Yesterday, I had a second phone interview with the Art Institute of Seattle. It went well and I learned some things about the school and the area. Finishing my degree in photography is definitely something I want, so I am hoping and praying it is also in God's plan for me. The only road block I really see is the distance from Seattle to where we will be living. It would be about a 55 minute drive. But, on the phone yesterday I learned that AI does block scheduling. This means that each class meets one day a week for 3-4 hours. It's also on quarters rather than semesters, and they accept transfer credits. They also offer some night classes as well. My other concerns are sending Benjamin to daycare for 4 or 5 hours a day and how all of this changes if another baby enters the picture.
In other news...I think we are going to have to give Gunner away. I don't want to. But it's really difficult to take care of a dog and a baby by myself. My dad really helps me out by letting Gunner out and feeding him in the morning, but in all reality, he's not living the great life he was in Germany. (Partly due to the winter cold) Other factors influencing this decision are the fact that we will be moving 3 times in the next 9 months and for most of the time we will be living in apartments. Then, once we get to Washington, Rick will be working (or possibly deployed) and I want to go back to school..leaving Gunner home alone. He is a good dog. He is gentle, great with kids, and fun to have around. However, I feel like he's living an unfair life. My parents don't want to keep him for that long, and I don't know anyone else who would be willing to keep him or who would want to take him permanently. The contract I signed with the breeder prohibits me from selling or breeding him. So I am considering calling her to see first if she wants him back and if not, then I will ask her if I can break the contract and sell him...If that doesn't work I think I will bring him to the local animal rescue. Rick and I haven't completely made the decision yet...but it's stressing me out.
Anyway...I need to change over the laundry and do some house work...
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ok. I had this post organized with paragraphs and everything..when I published, they went away. I don't get it.
ReplyDelete