About Me

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Coronado

Today we drove up a mountain and then hiked the rest of the way to the top. I don't know what mountain it was, but it was in the Coronado National Forest. We didn't see any cool animals. Actually, Rick and I went there when we lived in AZ in 2005. We went with our friend Rob. I'm sure some of those pictures are still on my facebook...

It rained a little bit before we got there, but the view was still pretty great. We were able to see the border. Lots of Border Patrol hanging out up there. A couple of shady vehicles, but nothing too exciting.

Benjamin rode in a little hiking back pack. However, he thought that he could climb everything and walk anywhere.
It was a fun day...we went to church and listened to the most random message ever. It was supposed to be about sibling rivalry, however this guy chose to talk about how he was a rebel in high school, a real wicked child. Thankfully he found the Lord, but he hated his five sisters. Ardent Feminists they were. One of the feminists up and left her family and went to Hawaii to grow marijuana in her backyard..and do you know what she did? She gave it to her parents. He hated her. Then we read the story of the prodigal son. I failed to see the connection. I think we all did.
We grilled some steaks and then swam until we got rained out.
Tomorrow I absolutely have to do laundry. I'm out of clothes and so is Ben. And as usual, all the towels are dirty. Ugh...I can't wait to live in a real house with all of my wonderful things and a washer and dryer...and maybe even walls I can paint. *sigh*


4 comments:

  1. cool pics. don't let ben fall off a cliff. :) oh, and what i gathered from that message is that his childhood was so screwed up that he still hasn't gotten things figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures.
    Land of Many Uses... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are having fun! You excited for SD? Lol I hear you on that last part. I want a paint a wall. It's a control thing. And I want to be able to use my own laundry facilities!! Someday huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! It keeps raining here in IL, but at least we're not having the floods, mudslides, and wildfires that other parts of the country are experiencing.

    Re: Walls
    When I was confined to military housing I found that I could do wonders stretching fabric (i.e. king size flat sheet) over a wall and stapling it in place. I didn't so every room but it helped make the bedrooms a little more appealing and warm. I chose the wall behind the bed AND it was actually super easy to take down when we moved on.

    ReplyDelete