About Me

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Too Tough to Die

Oh, it's been quite a day. We began the morning with Rick going to work. He had to do a role play this morning for the class behind him. He was the Shiek's body guard. He looks pretty hot in that outfit right?
We had planned to go to a winery to take a tour, but Rick's work was running late so we nixed that idea and went to Tombstone instead. You know, "the town too tough to die."

We began that trip buying tickets to the gun fight at the OK Corral. That was quite the scene. Rick's sister bought her ticket and paid cash. Rick was still outside looking around. I asked if they took credit cards and the man replied, "for one, no." I said, "how about for two." Then he says. "Two, yes. Do you need two?" I said yes. He said, "ok, so you'll buy two and I'll give her her money back." I said, "No. She'll keep hers and I'll buy one for me and my husband." Then he says, "Is your husband here?" "um, yeah, he's outside..." Then he says, "Oh, good, let me see some ID."

Now, I realize that is kind of a lot to follow. But honestly, did he really need to ask all the questions? Kind of ridiculous. Then we went to an informational "movie." Rick asked if we could just show him our tickets and then keep them as souveniers. The guy replied, "haha, Nice try son." I don't get it. I really don't.
Well..after all that, we went in to the gun fight to look at some old historical stuff...

We also saw these little bull things that we thought were for pictures. We also thought they were bolted into the ground. Rick sat Ben on the smallest of the three and shortly after the following picture, the bull tipped over and Benjamin face planted into the dirt. :( He came up crying his little eyes out, covered in dirt, and dirt smashed all over his lips and teeth. Pretty pitiful...ugh.


After we cleaned Ben up, we went into the gun fight. Supposedly a great show, widely acclaimed. Personally we thought they were all drunk. They messed up several times...randomly said out loud, "shoot, I forgot my line." Somewhat entertaining, but mostly lame.

After the gun fight, Rick and his sister wanted some icecream. Mint chocolate chip. Ew. Benjamin wanted some too.

"Please daaaadddddy"

We walked around a bit more and then decided to go home and catch the movie in the park. We got there a little early, but they were handing out free soda, popcorn, and other random stuff supplied by the local cable company so it was enjoyable.


Then some dark clouds moved in...and they decided to shut it down before the movie even started.


We decided to stick it out for a little while longer and finish our pizza. Benjamin had taken off his shoes and was wandering in the grass. I spotted a bee near his foot, but he stepped back and I just wasn't fast enough. My poor baby got his first bee sting. >:-( I am pretty sure I took it harder than he did. I gave him a little Tylenol and we iced his foot and he was over it.

A few minutes later we smelled the rain so we packed it up and moved it out. It was raining before we even got to the car.

Once we got home, I bathed Ben and put him to bed, got a shower myself and now we're just relaxing. I'm fried though. So..I hope you all enjoyed the pictures, goodnight!


(I took the above picture out the car window on the way home from the park..we were driving away from the storm...)

4 comments:

  1. Woah - I think you did more in a day than I've done in a month! I'm tired just reading about it. Even though it was pitiful I had to luagh about Ben on the little bull. He probably wondered what you guys were doing to him. Ha ha.
    Do you think our poor children will ever be able to wear normal shoes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw!! Poor Ben! Hey sweet pics of the stormy skies! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the no comment. i just visited real quick before bed. cute pics, the one of ben begging for ice cream looks like he has some angelina jolie lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the ticket guy was trying to pick you up.

    ReplyDelete