The other Benjamin. One I don't usually talk about. Usually because we never see him. However, when I eliminated the morning feeding from his routine and replaced it with whole milk, the other Ben started to show himself. This is the naughty Benjamin. The one who screams and hits. He growls, throws tantrums, and gets frustrated much too easily. This Benjamin is only happy if you are doing exactly what he wants you to do. After about 3 days of this, my mom suggested that it could be the milk that was causing these outrageous personality changes. So, I stopped giving him milk. Then, when we got back to AZ I got some full fat soy milk. I know that it doesn't contain all the nutrients that whole milk does, so I am using it as a supplement. He actually really loves the vanilla flavored soy. (I'm not so into it, but whatev) He seems to do just fine with small amounts of whole milk and also Yo-Baby yogurt. However, if I give him all milk, all day, he turns into Benjamin the Terrible. So, for now this is a solution. We still breastfeed once a day before bedtime, but he seems to be losing interest pretty rapidly. That is FINE with me. I'm so over it!
I am hoping Rick won't work late today. I still need to pick up the house and do a few things, but it's been a pretty lazy morning. Benjamin was up at 4am. He had totally soaked his diaper and clothes. So I changed him, and put him back to bed. He proceeded to cry for another 30 minutes. I think it's his bottom teeth that are trying to come in. Ugh.
Well..Richard just walked in for lunch. :)

Whole goat's milk, baby, whole goat's milk!
ReplyDeleteGoat's milk is great, I had to use soy for all my kids up until they were 2. Rice milk might work well too.
ReplyDelete