About Me

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bummin'

Bummin' is what Ben and I have been doing since Daddy left. It's lonely in this big house with just the two of us!

I did manage to finish the rest of the unpacking, and when I get a solid internet connection I will be posting that video tour.

The internet has been hiding from me for the past couple days and I can't seem to find to the energy to get out of the house. I wouldn't leave the house for internet alone anyway...Richard wanted me to go pick up some more oil from auto zone. He claims they had an excellent deal going on. I still haven't gotten around to that task and by the time I do, the sale will probably be long gone. :-/

I need a lawn mower. I found a good deal on a gas mower, but it's all the way on post and I just haven't been up to making that drive yet. Need to do it.

I'm excited about church tomorrow. I am so happy we drove down that road and saw that sign.
I don't think I mentioned anything about it before, but we had such a great experience in just the one time we visited. Our pastor is a 1990 graduate of Calvin Seminary. His wife is awesome and they have 4 kids. He's been at the church for about 12 years. They have an awesome worship team. And since it's the fall, many of the small group/bible study type things are just starting up again. We're going to try to get involved and I'm hoping Rick will be around enough in the next couple of months to make a couples group work for us. There is also a "Coffee Break" thing during the week for women and mom's. They have people who come and provide nursery too, so it can be a fun time to make new friends and get to know others without having to worry about the kids. Needless to say, we're both excited and happy to finally find a place where we feel "at home."

Anyway, Ben just woke up from his nap so I'm going to try and get myself out of the house...

3 comments:

  1. you'll feel much better and happier if you get out of the lonely house. you need some adult interaction! have you found any mom groups? i always go to the park because i can talk to other adult people, and it keeps the kiddo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check craig's list for lawnmowers!

    love you tons, try to keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete