About Me

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A No Picture Update...

Hello All..Richard and I are coming to you live from the porch. We are mooching off one bar of Internet. It's the best we can do. :)

The computer is on my lap, and I would go and get my camera, but the fear of losing my connection is too great.

Anyway, our household goods were delivered yesterday. We had quite the moving men. One worked pretty diligently, and the other referred to every room with a pet name, i.e. Kitchy=Kitchen, Gra-jee=Garage, Massa=Master bedroom...And half way through the day we ended up with a real treat. I don't know what his name was, but he was a little chunky and had a long, flowing, black pony tail straight down his back. He kept twisting it over and over. He was rummaging through Richard's work gear and asking lots of questions...it sounded as though he was bargaining at a garage sale. He also managed to fit in a half hour strategic bathroom break in his grueling half day of work. (He, by the way, carried maybe 5 boxes and didn't unwrap any of them) During this bathroom break, he managed to clog our upstairs toilet (ew) and we still haven't been able to fix it due to lack of plunger. Richard believes that his only purpose in life was to haggle customers into GIVING him their stuff. He should be fired.
And now, a little insight...

Haggler: Oh wow, you have more than one of these? Coooool (as he tries on some army gear). Oh man, it's just my size! I could hide this under my coat. Wow, so do they give you these in Iraq?

Richard: *Rolling his eyes, avoiding most questions and contact, but keeping a watchful eye....*

Alrighty well... We are supposed to close on the house by Monday, right now we are paying rent, you never know, apparently you can never get your house to be yours when you want it. They just keep stringing us along.
We have been busy unpacking and doing all sorts of projects. Today the kitchen is was completed along with about 15 loads of laundry. It's a wonderful life living in your own house.

I don't know when we'll have internet of our own, apparently comcast won't put it in our name until we actually own the house.

4 comments:

  1. ooooh i bet it's so exciting having all of your stuff with you.. i can't wait to get back to all of mine and i don't even have a place to put it yet! fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all fall in place in time. I am so excited for you and cant wait to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry , I just can't get over the idea of a chunky man with a black ponytail going through your things and clogging your brand new toilet. YUCK! How rude!

    Glad you are in and getting settled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you're moved in and finally have a place to call "home." Congratulations again and I can't wait to see posts on how you're decorating the place.

    Here's hoping the closing goes through on Monday!

    ReplyDelete