About Me

Friday, October 10, 2008

Corn Maze


Today was a lovely day. We woke up at 7am to go to the hospital. One 3 hour glucose screen turned into 5 hours. Four needle pokes later, I was on my way to some food. They told me, "no news is good news," and so far I've heard nothing. So I'll say that's good and I do not have gestational diabetes.
After the hospital we went to McDonald's. I know...so healthy. But I needed something fast. I was famished and weak. You understand....
We ran a few errands after lunch and then went to find a barn sale that I saw on craigslist. We located the barn and ended up finding an adorable kids desk with one chair. Rick asked if they had another chair and she did, so we got the desk and two solid oak kiddy chairs for $20. I think it was a steal. It's still in the car, but I'll get a picture of it when we clean it up and bring it in. We got a few other small things too. Definitely worth it.
After the barn sale we went to the corn maze. Which turned out to be pretty fun. Ben seemed to enjoy it too. I didn't bring my good camera today due to both batteries being dead..but we had the point and shoot in the glove box. It's fun bc it takes videos too. Don't you love that we are all three wearing puffy vests? Yeah..we're nerds, but we love it.

This is a video of Ben laughing his head off. He was cracking up at me jumping at him. It's been awhile since I posted a video...so enjoy! :-D

Anyway...after the corn maze we had to go back to my dr. to pick up the Rx for the iron pills. Which we promptly filled and then headed off to the Goodwill. We left with a little tykes bubble blowing lawn mower for 2 dollars!

It's Bargain Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Seems like you all are having so much fun! Happy fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think perhaps I will start calling you Ward,June and the Beaver.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job finding great buys! and I loved Ben's laugh - and what a handsome couple at the start of the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what fun! Still so jealous of your fall and puffy vests and all that stuff! :)
    Those laughs are sure contagious, you can't help but smile.
    $20 is a great buy. I found some I liked on WalMart and ToysRus but not inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete