So...you all know based on my previous posts that I was up late...I decided I wanted to go to bed at 10pm last night. I put Benjamin down and that was pretty easy. Then I nursed Evelyn and put her in her crib. I was pleased that everything had gone so smoothly (usually one of us puts Ben to bed while the other takes care of Evey). Just as I was finishing getting ready for bed Evey started crying and proceeded to cry basically non-stop until 12:40am.
I don't know what was wrong with her. She didn't want to eat, I changed her diaper, I bounced her, I rocked her, I burped her, I sang to her, I talked to her, I begged her to sleep, I even prayed over her. Then I tried it all again. I actually think she might be a tad constipated due to these stupid vitamin D drops the Dr. put her on. I'm not going to give them to her for a few days and see if she goes back to being regular. Anyway...After a long time trying and nothing working, I put her in bed and let her cry herself to sleep. I felt bad, but I was too stressed out to try anything else.
Finally, she was asleep! So I got in bed, was nice and comfortable and starting to unwind when Benjamin woke up screaming. I'm not talking about a little crying, or some whining...literally he was screaming. So, I tried my best to comfort him, but he was writhing around in his bed and didn't want anything to do with me.
Ok. Fine. This night stinks already....I told him everything was ok in a soothing voice, since he didn't want to be touched and I got back in bed.
Time passed and he just wouldn't stop crying so I picked him up and brought him in bed with me.
The second his head hit the pillow he puked all over my bed. We had spaghetti for dinner. It wasn't pretty. It was EVERYWHERE. On ALL the pillows, the blankets..etc. Thankfully we bought a waterproof mattress pad. It smelled terrible and I was gagging. I almost gagged right now thinking about it...ugh.
So, I put him in the bath, stripped the bed and started the washer. Took Benjamin out of the bath, dried him off and then he puked all over ME. It was down my shirt, in my bra, in my hair, all over the bathroom floor, up the cupboards, up the door...this time, I really had to fight to keep myself from throwing up.
I cleaned up everything else, made Ben lay down on the counter and took a shower...at this point it was close to 3am.
I put another sheet on top of the bed, for protection (and it's a good thing I did), he puked 3 more times, on 3 different sheets.
He finally stopped whimpering and fell asleep around 4ish.
He woke up at 7:30. I have no idea how kids do this. Just stay ASLEEP. I could barely keep my eyes open and now I'm just waiting for him to crash into a nap so I can go back to bed. I'm exhausted.
Yeah..the picture is bones covered in puke...enjoy. ;)


poor little guy...
ReplyDeleteregarding the vitamin D, can't YOU take the supplement and she'll get it through your milk?
Oh my goodness Ashley!! I was reading this just shaking my head. I feel for you! I hope you get to take a nap today!
ReplyDeleteAwww...we've all been there and it sucks SO FREAKING BAD! :(
ReplyDeleteThe kids both had rotavirus last spring while I was visiting my parents without Nick...it is SO hard when you don't have your husband there to either hand the puking kid off to, or have THEM clean up the mess and put fresh sheets on.
I'm so sorry you had that last night...with a mini-baby to take care of as well to boot!
Hope he's feeling better and you stay healthy!
Guh-ross. I've had to deal with all the throw up a few times, but most of the time i make Juanito deal with that. It sucks that Rick was gone and couldn't deal with it at least some of the time.
ReplyDeleteUntil you said that he threw up, i was going to suggest that his waking up screaming and wanting nothing to do with you was a night terror. Except it was probably the throwing up that did it.
You...are amazing! You handled it like a true champ! I hope you were able to get some sleep today and that both kiddos are completely better by tonight!
ReplyDeleteThat is possibly the worst story I have ever heard - ever. Not a good way to start your 6 weeks alone. At least it can only go up from there.
ReplyDeletethat sucks.
ReplyDeleteOh man, I know what those nights are like! Hopefully it will be a short-lived tummy thing for your little man, and hopefully your little princess will be better soon.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get some rest today!
poor little guy? yeah that, but POOR YOU. Ugh, it sounds like you were living a nightmare. hope it goes better tonight, and you get yourself a nap.
ReplyDeletewow that sounds TERRIBLE. you poor thing!
ReplyDelete