About Me

Friday, February 13, 2009

What a Day

Since Evey came home from the hospital, most of her time awake has been spent crying and in obvious misery. I kept thinking that she had heart burn or something like that because she would wiggle and arch her back and puke non-stop. She was also constipated (as I mentioned before, thinking it may have been the vitamin d drops..)

Since Emily has arrived, we've been on the case. But today we were wandering Wal-Mart and after 2 hours of crying/puking/hiccups (for Ev, we were not in walmart that long), we purchased some soy based formula.

After the first feeding she was calm, not puking, smiling, and she pooped almost immediately afterwards. Since then, she's had one spit up and hasn't cried at all. She's a completely different baby. Even her face rash seemed to instantly look better.

I have to admit though, that although I'm not a huge fan of breastfeeding, I am sad that it was my milk causing her so much trouble. I know it's not my fault...but..yeah. We're going to continue the soy trial for 24 hours and see how it goes, but so far, we can't believe the instant change it seems to have made.

Anyway...we're having a great time and I am really going to be sad when she leaves. I keep trying to convince her to bring James over and just stick around for awhile. We'll see. ;)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. i'm so happy to hear you've got her issues under control. who woulda thunk it? don't be sad, your baby is happy.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Ev's pains, but glad to hear that you guys have figured something out to help her! Hopefully she'll continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where you are coming from! The boys were on soy formula/milk until they were 3 years old. I could not breast feed, but when Michelle was born, I put her on soy in the hospital...then she couldn't tolerate that, so we switched her to a corn based formula and she was golden. Now all three kids are milk fiends!!!

    ReplyDelete