About Me

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Donuts...

I'll fill you in our day...but first, I'd like to talk about donuts... Delicious bakery made donuts...

Yesterday, we did our weekly grocery shopping at Walmart. Ben asked nicely for donuts, so I told him if he was nice during the WHOLE shopping trip, we could pick out donuts for breakfast the next day.

Donuts aren't really a rare thing for us..they're .58 cents. They are tasty..and he knows exactly where they are in the store ( "Donuts overdeer mommy!"). However, our last two encounters with donuts have involved Benjamin getting very possessive of ALL the donuts involved along with huge tantrums...one incident being in the Walmart Subway..(where a lady on a motorized scooter with a can of oxygen proceeded to give us dirty looks...)

Anyway...It's been a bad run in with the donuts..but I thought, "what the hey," we'll be eating them for breakfast at home. No problem. So...the night before, I cleaned up the dinner mess and put up the baby gates. Benjamin is notorious for pulling the 'ol B&E on the pantry. And I knew the donuts would need protection.

This morning..he came downstairs at 7am and got in bed with me. I went back to sleep. A little while later...Benjamin appeared in front of my face... and the following conversation ensued:

"Hi Mommy."
"Hey Ben, you're awake..."
"I eating donuts now."
"What?"
"I eat Evey's donut. Mommy's donut. Ben's donut."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"I eat alllllllllllll the donuts."
"Oh..."

I got out of bed and followed him to the kitchen. Sure enough, the baby gate was knocked down, the pantry was open, the red stool parked in front of the kitchen counter, 2 of the three donuts were eaten and the third was half gone.

I wanted to get him in trouble..but what could I really do? I told him that wasn't very nice because mommy would now have to eat cereal (which was probably for the best anyway), and he offered the half eaten third donut to Evey as soon as she woke up. He even got a plate out of the dishwasher for her. "Dare-da-doe Evey, eat da donut."

So...I guess...until Ben can learn to share donuts...we won't be buying them again for awhile!

Anyway....today was sunny and beautiful, Evelyn napped from 11am-3pm and during that time, Ben and I sat/played outside. I read my book, he played in the sand box. Pretty fantastic day. When Evey woke up, we had lunch/snack and then headed to the park. As we were leaving Ben said, "I have wotsa fun, mommy!" =)

It was a nice day. I hope the weather stays nice for awhile!

5 comments:

  1. Walmart better watch out, there will be a donut hold-up before long.

    I like the blog makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new blog look too, very summery.

    That's a cute story about Ben. Chloe did the very same thing recently, except she hid under the table while consuming most of them--- jelly filled included.

    I don't blame Ben though- I love Walmart's mini donuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol on the B&E! gotta give him points for determination!

    ReplyDelete