About Me

Monday, May 3, 2010

Rice Fight.




I got this box and a 20lb bag of rice a week or so ago. Ben and Ev really think it's fantastic. Actually, even I think it's pretty fun.
My darling older two fought ALL day long. We did room time, we did time outs, I yelled...they screamed at each other, they hit, Evey bit...my goodness it was a long day. Today was probably the worst fighting day ever. I was losing my mind. So after lunch I got out the rice box, in the hope that it would distract them enough to leave each other alone.
The 3rd photo depicts otherwise, and after 10 minutes of play they were throwing rice out of the box, all over the floor, then they got in the box, then Mommy took the box away and offered a snack instead.
It probably doesn't help that Ben has a cough and they both have faucet style runny noses. Ugh.
It was a long day, and I am exhausted. It's after midnight...I need to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. We love rice boxes, I've also used dried beans--different colors and sizes, and pasta noodles--again different colors and sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear mother-in-law would say that there must be a storm coming when the kids would fight all day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! the pictures of these two are just classic bro/sis pics. I love the rice idea, so fun. Much cleaner than sand huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor woman! When you mentionedthe rice before I immediately thought "oh she is far more relaxed than me!". Sorry it was such a rough one.... Been there myself, many times!

    ReplyDelete