So long deployment...you won't be missed!
I'm not sure exactly when Rick will get here..but we're supposed to get a phone call...so I'm waiting, phone glued to my side. =D
I let myself get excited today. Finally. There were tears, maybe a jump for joy, and of course some kitchen dancing. Kind of ridiculous..but what can I say? I'm excited!
We made it. We survived.
I'm proud, I'm thankful, I'm grateful, I'm amazed, I'm blessed.
Someone said to me, now we can turn our prayers for safety into praise! What an amazing feeling.
I learned that I am independent, I am strong (Army Strong..lol). I learned that I have awesome, helpful, supportive people all around me. (Not that I had too many doubts!)
I have a new respect for people who have done the deployment thing more than once, but I know now that if I ever have to do it again, I will survive.
My most challenging and impressive tasks to do without my husband were....dealing with the giant insurance claim that came from the flooding of the entire first floor of our house....and Going through an entire pregnancy and giving birth to Addyson...there was also the purchase of the van..I loved signing all those papers 489579238 times with heartburn from being 9 months pregnant..while Ben drew on himself with a black pen and Evey ate dirt from the nearby planter. Ahh, memories. :-P
Enough about me...How 'bout that husband of mine?
I'm so proud of him! A year is a pretty long time to go without anyone to hug, to pretty much be dirty all the time, to sleep on a cot, to eat the same food over an over, and to live without a lot of other basic comforts of home.
I love you, Babe! We did it! ♥
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow!! I didn't realize that the end was, well, HERE!!! Oh my goodness, I am SO THRILLED for you guys... you are such a strong woman, and such a strong family. From experience, I know that NOTHING beats the feeling of finally having him home FOR GOOD, and not having to go back after a week or two... to know that you made it, and despite all of the doubts that stormed you some days, that you DID make it. Both of you did! I'm just leaping inside with excitement. Go you guys!!
ReplyDelete-beth
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't say it enough, wooo hooo!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! You rock...I love the van story, lol ;) Good job, and so happy for your family that it's about to be over!
ReplyDeleteYou, Rick, the kids... y'all are all AWESOME for surviving the year!!! Hope he walks in the door any minute now!
ReplyDelete