About Me

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rounding out Birthday Week...



Guess what the end of birthday week brought us?
=)
On Sunday night, Benjamin and I went to Wal-Mart for a couple of things. We were in search of those Velcro ball catch things, when we walked passed the bikes..Ben mentioned to me that his friend had a bike and that he wanted one too. So I got one down, let him sit on it and told him that he could maybe have a bike when he learned to pedal....
Monday came around and we spent the afternoon doing more work on the garage. Ben had been sitting on his tricycle for quite awhile when he suddenly pedaled forward. He was SO proud of himself and exclaimed, "MOMMY!!! I PEDALED! I CAN HAVE A BIKE NOW!"
All we could do was laugh. How cute that he not only remembered what I said, but cared enough to sit on that Trike and work it out. I love it.
That brings us to today...This morning Benjamin woke up crying in his bed, but I couldn't understand what he was saying. So I went upstairs and heard, "I HAFTA GO TO WAL-MART, I GOTTA BUY THAT ORANGE BIKE..." He just kept repeating it over and over. So, I told him that we couldn't do that until we had breakfast and did some chores...
While we were getting ready for breakfast he said, "My bike won't fit in a bag...nope!"
I love that he is logical enough, now to comprehend that the bike would be too big to fit in the bag.
*mommy pride*
LOL
Anyway...so we got Ben a haircut and headed to Wal-Mart. The orange bike he'd seen last time was gone, so we asked if they had anymore and the man said he could assemble it right in the store..While we were waiting Ben hopped on a red bike, then tried out the Toy Story bike. It was the perfect size, and I was completely amazed at how easily he pedaled and turned.
He picked out a helmet, and then we went to get the bike he had originally picked. It was a super cool orange and black bike, but it turned out to be a little too big for him. Shoot!
After much effort by mommy to talk him out of the "green" (buzz lightyear) bike (I'm not a big fan of character stuff), he'd made up his mind.
He didn't like the red one, the orange one was too big, and he loved the pouch on the front that he informed us was for holding cars.
The first thing he did when we got home was put cars in the pouch, the second thing he did was say, "oh! I have to go pee, I gotta ride my bike to the potty..FAST!"
Things were a little hairy around the dinner/bath/bed routine tonight, so I didn't get any pictures of Ben on the bike yet, tomorrow I will, and I'll get a video too.

Thank You Grandma Harriet & Grandpa Jim for that birthday money!
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment