Do you watch the Disney Channel? Do you watch Sonny with a Chance? Well..then if you aren't Liz, you might not get the title of this post..but that doesn't matter, it isn't the point...
Thursday night, my dear husband came down with what appeared to be the flu, terrible stomach pain that turned into terrible vomiting that lasted all night long and kept us both awake. Me mostly with my ears plugged because the sound of someone else barfing is really, really gross.
Friday he slept the. entire. day. But on Friday night he was up all night with more stomach pain and some other unpleasant things..
Saturday morning he thought he was feeling mostly better so we decided to go camping with our church small group. He felt good enough to hang out, and even ate a little bit, but bedtime came and the writhing pain began again.
Sunday I demanded he go to the ER. He was dehydrated so they gave him 2 liters of fluid via IV. I let him rest there at the hospital for about 4 hours while they took blood and ran tests. Since we didn't have anyone to leave the kids with, I took them to the park and the PX, and then we played in a hospital court yard for awhile.
It was revealed that Richard has some kind of bacterial infection in his stomach..since I wasn't there to hear what the Dr. told him about his test results, I don't know what he actually has because he can't remember. He's now on antibiotics and bed rest and hopefully should be feeling better soon. But today hasn't been good. He's slept a little here and there but still feeling mostly sick and has extreme stomach pain. If it persists, he will go back to the doctor.
Please pray for my sick Rick. He is still in a lot of pain and hasn't been able to get really any good rest, he just wants to feel better!
Monday, June 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
praying! at first i was thinking it could be his gallbladder, but I guess if they found an infection it wouldn't be that. I had HORRIBLE stomach pain, only sometimes, with my gallbladder. Hope he is well soon!
ReplyDeleteOh Ashley, feel terrible for Rick. I think for sure if he continues with this pain he needs rechecked-wonder why the pain seems to subside at times-humm first time Dr Linda is at a loss. I would totally put him on a bland diet for several days. So sorry it must be so tough when you want to be there with him at the ER but with 3 little ones that would be impossible. I am praying for Ricks quick recovery
ReplyDeletepoor guy... keeping you all in my prayers. get better soon!!!
ReplyDelete