
Emmett arrived on Wednesday morning and we brought him home on Thursday...on Thursday night, Ben and Addyson got fevers that lasted to Friday so we took them to the Dr. with Emmett for his weight check..His weight was down 5%..and Ben and Addy still had fevers...Ben puked in the waiting room, so maybe Rick's illness during my labor wasn't just a fluke..
Friday night they barked and hacked all night. Rick slept upstairs with them to make sure no one had a cough attack...The Dr. gave them a steroid for the cough and that really seemed to help with the croup sounding cough, but they still were breathing funny and coughing at night so Rick continued to sleep upstairs with them while I kept Emmett quarantined in our bedroom. Croup can be dangerous for newborns...
It was absolutely miserable..whining, coughing, sick kids, they slept on and off all day for 3 days in a row..When they were awake they were crying..They wanted to touch and hold the baby, they wanted me to take care of them, but I was afraid to get sick because I'm the only one who can feed the baby...
Around the 6th day, we thought things were looking up, but then Ben and Addy got Diarrhea and Evey came down with a fever. She never did get that barking cough, but did sleep the next two days away...The diarrhea thing lasted until yesterday and had Ben up at night calling for Daddy to please come help him...Addy woke up 3 days in a row covered in poop....
Soo..not quite the 10 days of blissful family bonding we'd hoped for...but we did have some nice friends bringing us meals, and Richard was awesome at taking care of the kids while I kept Emmett and myself locked up..I felt pretty guilty (especially when Addy was crying for me)... but I am blessed to have a husband who is willing to help. Richard had it all under control, and it ended up being okay, now today I have a bit of a sore throat and he seemed pretty tired..but I think that's how it always goes..now that the kiddos are feeling a little better, we have time to slow down and get sick! Hopefully it won't go much further than a cold...and I'm still praying Emmett stays healthy.
Anyway...it's late and my baby just fell asleep, so I guess I should go to bed..I need to be up in 2-4 hours.. :-P
Wow! I'm glad the kids feel better, that sounds awful. I hope you guys are able to get some rest!
ReplyDelete