About Me

Monday, April 21, 2008

Atlanta for the Weekend*


We had a great weekend. Rick came home relatively early on Friday night and we went out to Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends. That's always a good time.
Saturday morning we got up early and headed to Atlanta, on the way we encountered an Ace Hardware going out of business sale so we picked up a couple of locks and light bulbs...and ice cream treats, and crunch bars....lol.
When we got to Atlanta, we checked into our hotel and had our car parked in a secure location. Apparently there are many car thieves in Atlanta..Secure parking lots are advertised everywhere.
After we checked in we walked to the aquarium. Hooray for military discounts. :) The aquarium was fun and Ben really loved the fish. I think he also would have liked to go for a swim. After the aquarium we spent some time at the Olympic park. That was really fun. I could have watched people play in the fountains all day. Random people (like Rick) who thought they could out smart the fountain, but instead got soaked. Hahaha...
For dinner we went to the Hard Rock Cafe where it was apparently prom...I wouldn't have let some of those girls out of the house...sheesh. There were also several pretty cool dudes from a high school robotics competition that happened in the civic center over the weekend. I love nerds. A couple of them asked a random girl if they could take a picture hugging them...lol. Pure entertainment. These nerds were also enthralled by Ben and assured me that he was a baby genius who would indeed build robots one day. They oohed and ahhed over every noise he made and tried to make him high five them as well. Again, pure entertainment.
On Sunday we got up fairly early and went to the World of Coca Cola. A museum of sorts. We really liked it, we watched two short movies, saw lots of cool stuff, watched how coke gets made and bottled, and...tasted 70 different coke products from all over the world. Some were great, some were HORRIBLE, all were fun!
After World of Coke we checked out of the hotel and headed to Zoo Atlanta. It was a pretty small zoo, but still fun. And again, hooray for military discounts. :) Ben enjoyed the animals that he could easily see and he did really well at the petting zoo. I've been teaching him "soft touches" because he tends to whack and bang. I didn't get a good picture of him petting the goat, but I did get a video, which I will try to upload later. The Panasonic is not as fast as my Nikon, and since my lens broke on Sunday morning we had no choice. :( (my lens was injured last thursday when ben grabbed the strap and pulled it off the table near the pool..I just wasn't fast enough, or smart enough to keep the strap out of his reach...and then on Sunday, I attempted to zoom it in and it got stuck...long story short, it broke, and now some things are loose inside...and I'm sad.)
After the zoo we came home, Ben slept the whole way, which was nice. Rick and I enjoyed some nice conversation and high school musical 2 sing-a-longs. Yes..it's true.
In other news...Benjamin took FOUR steps on Sunday! He also got his top, left, front tooth. He was really good though. Also..king size beds are wonderful.
Anyway..if you would like to see all of the pictures from our trip, they are in two albums, Here and Here!
Happy Monday! We move to Arizona in 4 days... ;)

1 comment:

  1. yay ben! but, for the record, not all king size beds are wonderful, ours is horrific!

    ReplyDelete