About Me

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Benjamin The Pitiful...


Oh! What cruelty at 2:30am.
He does this to me every night. Bedtime at 8pm and then surprise! 12:45am, I think I will torture you until at least 3...
I've been doing my best to just leave him in bed, I go in every now and then when the pitiful (and annoying) whining turns into full blown sobs...luring me to believe his little leg or arm is OBVIOUSLY stuck somewhere and he is in pain...HA! He never is. Then he tries to reel me in with the ever pathetic "Maaaa Maaa." Which leads me to convince myself that it MUST be the diaper. My only excuse to pick him up and cuddle a minute. Eh.
2:47am- I'm blogging, He's crying...no sleep in the future for me until it stops.
Motherhood is cruel. CRUEL I tell you.
"Lord, Give me the Strength to go on..." ;)

3 comments:

  1. I think you should read up on controlled crying. If you go in just once you're reinforcing that behavior. Maybe you need a video monitor so you can see that a leg is clearly not broken. haha If I cried at 3am and someone got up to cuddle me I would probably do the same. :) Ok, that's all the advice I have for now, please consult my parenting book when you get a chance. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, that was not the end result of the haircut. james asked, "that isn't really what the back of my hair looks like, is it?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd cry to get cuddled too.

    ReplyDelete