About Me

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Open Road...

Today was again a MOSTLY incident free day. Again, we thank God and your prayers for that! Our minor incidents included bottoming out with our trailer hitch, finding that the bikes were rubbing together, and the chains from the trailer kept falling off. We couldn't figure out why. The bike issue was solved by a few Target diapers and two socks. :) We're brilliant.

We're all pretty tired, it was bright and sunny, and for our entire trip so far we've had temperatures over 100 degrees. At one point it was 110 and most of today it was 107. We had a lot of traffic through the LA area and also had to do some mountain driving.

I seemed to have picked up a cold. I believe it's from sleeping in extreme cold. i.e. last night in our hotel room. I woke up and expected to see snow coming from the AC. I now have a stuffy nose, sore throat, and cough. Benjamin and Rick are both fine so far.

In better news, we didn't get terrible gas mileage. Oh, and our good friend Rob is home from Iraq on R&R and gave us a call, it was so nice to talk to him other than in email. He's doing well and will be joining us in WA early next year.

Anyway...here are some pictures from today. We drove through some part of LA where there were thousands of windmills. All different kinds of them, Rick decided it was a windmill testing ground. We were going for a nice family picture...I look a little sickly, we can blame my new cold. ;) Please notice that Benjamin is actually picking his nose...


Our little electronic guru catching a nap!

And finally, we stopped at a Best Western, gave Benjamin a bath, and here you can see Rick is talking to him and he's cracking up. He really LOVES his daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment