Children are fascinating. I am guilty of rarely giving Ben the credit he deserves. He does things I don't think he should be smart enough to do...for example: Today we were out running some errands. Benjamin started to whine a little and I realized that it was now 2pm and neither of us had eaten lunch. :-/ We stopped at McDonald's and he ate the entire cheeseburger and some apple dippers and drank his entire juice box without ever squeezing it. Feeling pressed for time and also that a scary guy with 2 dollars was watching us, I put Ben's toy in my purse and told him he could open it later. He didn't seem to mind.
When we got home, Ben was sleeping in the car and I carried him upstairs and we took a nice nap. After the nap and after a snack downstairs, we came back up to the loft to play and put away the dvd's (Benjamin cannot keep his hands OFF the dvd's). He disappeared into the bedroom and I heard some paper moving around. I went to check, but just as I got to the door way, he was coming out with his McDonald's toy. He had a huge smile on his face and handed it to me so I could open it for him. The papers I heard were pieces of mail he had taken out of my purse to get to the toy. I was impressed, I know it's probably normal, but he still seems like he should be doing baby things, not big kid things.
Oh...and in other Ben news...You know how I've been sitting him on the toilet before his bath since he was about 7 months old? Well, when we moved into this house I got out his potty chair instead. Last night I undressed him for his bath and instead of going over and trying to get in the tub, he opened the lid on his potty and sat down. He didn't pee this time, but it's a good start!
I'm so proud. :-D
little smarty pants!
ReplyDeleteI know it has to happen, but they just grow up so fast, that makes me sad:(
ReplyDeleteMake that smarty pants x 2 :) Sure wish I could be there to watch him. What a sweetie.
ReplyDelete