About Me

Monday, October 6, 2008

Dr. Today




Well...I've officially hit the third trimester! Yay!


I went to the doctor this morning. And I've gained 4 pounds since last visit (3 weeks ago). Bringing my total weight gain to 18 pounds. With Benjamin I gained 19 for the whole pregnancy...guess I'll be passing that.


Oh well.


I had my sugar test. Thankfully I didn't have to drink the nasty orange stuff everyone talks about. I got some tasty flavored fruit punch. It would have been good to just drink if it didn't leave my mouth feeling like I just downed a bottle of high fructose corn syrup...


Have I mentioned how fabulous I think my doctor is? I love him. He's great.


Anyway, heard the baby's heart beat. Nice and strong at 136. He also measured my belly and it's at 31cm. He said that was, "great growth."
He also commented on how small I am for 7 months. You know, due to my "great muscle tone," and the fact that I am "carrying this baby close in and up high."


I'm happy because I didn't get any stretch marks with Benjamin, so I don't expect to get any this time either. I will need to watch my weight gain, and maybe walk a bit more so I don't get a giant baby. Ben was 7.13 and that was plenty big enough.


Since I'm 28 weeks, I'll take a belly picture soon. I'm too tired to care today. Rick and I stayed up until 1am watching a documentary about ectopic pregnancy. I think it was called, "Pregnant for 46 years." Pretty interesting stuff. Then we got up at 7am to get ready and make it to the doctor by 8am. Benjamin fell asleep on the way home, so I lost about 20 minutes of good nap due to that...then as soon as I was in bed myself my phone rang. I finally fell asleep and the phone rang again. As soon as I fell asleep from that Ben woke up...So now I think I am more tired than I was before the attempted nap. *sigh* I'll probably never be able to coordinate a good nap with two kids...but I'm sure going to try!


Anyway...I will take a belly picture soon...and I know I still have to get that video tour up...I'm working on it.

3 comments:

  1. yay for healthy baby! and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear some good baby news. Man, I probably gained 18 pounds last week and am not pregnant so you are doing really good! :)
    You should avoid all interesting documentaries tonight so you can get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeeeeeeee, For the healthy baby and Ash you look great! I am sure you wont let your weight get away from you.
    I Love You

    ReplyDelete