About Me

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Still Stressin'

That picture is from yesterday...Benjamin was eating pizza and falling asleep. This was right after he shoved the last bite into his mouth. He was still chewing as he drifted off to sleep..Pitiful.

Anyway...this blue binder is taunting us. Richard went to one last place on post this morning. They have certain hours and days of the week that they are open. He walked in, asked, and magically the guy pulls out a blue binder EXACTLY like ours. However, when Richard opened it up, his dreams were crushed. It's the second time we've asked about a blue binder and it hasn't been the right one. We went through the entire house again last night thinking that we MUST have some how over looked it. No luck.

Getting a new title for the trailer is proving to be a more difficult task than I imagined. It's hard to do things over the phone and across the country. People just don't care. I call them like two times a day to nag them to move this process a long faster. Promises of returned phone calls that never seem to come. It's so annoying. We have a buyer for the trailer, and I told him up front that the title was missing, but he still seems to want it and is patient to wait, but I hate having him wait. I keep feeling like I'm not doing all I should to make the title come faster.

Do you know how much the fine is if you get pulled over with an expired insurance card in the state of WA? $500.00! On post it's $250.00. Guess who got pulled over last night with an expired insurance card? Richard. Why did he get pulled over? Because we have a tail light out. Why do we have a tail light out? Because...it was filled with algae water and we drained it. Now it doesn't work anymore. The brake light and turn signal work...but not the running lights. It's very mysterious, but Rick and I have both taken it apart together and separately (I'm pretty handy in case you didn't know...) and nothing has worked.

Yes...things have looked up for us over the past few weeks, but I just can't seem to shake this heavy/sick feeling. Anxiety? Stress? Worry? I don't feel like sitting here analyzing myself...So, good day!

6 comments:

  1. It will get better I assure you. You are taliking to someone who actually knows! Hey think about this for a minute. I talked to the Doctor and I am no longer a prisoner in my own home! woo-hoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we first moved to Ft. Drum, we had the updated sticker on the plates but somehow the most recent copy of the registration was missing (later found, having slipped out of the glove box and into the engine area). The sticker wasn't good enough and not even a call from the IL SOS office (my uncle happened to work there at the time) woul appease them. For a week, until the rushed copy of the registration arrived, we couldn't drive the car on-post which is really inconvenient when you're new and staying off-post (because on-post lodging was full).

    Sorry you're troubled these days. Take a nice, long bath and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully your book appears soon.
    maybe you should try a dealer for that light.. i'm sure it will be ridiculously overpriced, but probably not more than $250 or $500! that's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the good things are that no one is sick now, Ben is as cute as ever and looking like such a big boy, and you have a buyer and one who is willing to wait.
    I really do hope your book shows up though, that would make your life a lot easier.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, i was just looking at this picture and i noticed a blue binder in the crate behind ben.. maybe it's been right in front of you the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, that's a blue folder. It's a filing crate...

    ReplyDelete