
Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval. -John 6:27
Church was fantastic again. As usual. I don't know what it is, but every Sunday it seems as though we are the last to leave. There are so many wonderful people. I know that seeing that sign was a God thing.
We had a chance to chat with our pastor. It turns out they adopted their 4th child from Ethiopa. Interesting, because I've always felt that adoption was something I was called to do. I've felt that way since probably college. I don't know if it's something that Richard feels called to, but he is definitely open to it and I appreciate that. :) He's a fabulous dad and Benjamin adores him.
Once we got home we looked through the Sunday ads in the paper, then went out to the garage to do some more organizing. Well, Rick did the organizing. I cleaned and detailed the truck, a job that would really make the father in law proud. Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna finish it off with armor all (it got dark and I couldn't see any more) and wash it too. In sad news..the blue book is still no where to be found. :-/
Oh well. We had a good day, Rick has the day off tomorrow, so more family time. :-D I'm soaking it up while I can. 
Oh, and last night we babysat the neighbor's little girl. She will be 3 in November, but she and Benjamin play SO well together. Ben shares so well, it was so sweet to watch him offer her all his toys and even some fruit snacks. They are sharing crayons in the above picture on the little desk we got at the barn sale the other day.
cute desk! i bet it's nice to finally live in a neighborhood and have a nice community.
ReplyDeleteI so much appreciate how you keep up on your blog, of course I can never see enough pictures.)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are getting an extra day of family time - that is always nice. I really like Ben's desk, he looks like he really likes it too. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad that you love your new church so much. Noah and I haven't found one here that suits us well so we just haven't been going... we can totally feel the absence of it in our lives too (sad). A friend told me about another one in the area so we're going to check it out one of these days.
ReplyDeleteNoah and I have talked a lot about adoption over the years. Definitely something we are both very interested in, in the future. I have a friend (my sister's best friend, actually) who is currently in the LONG process of adopting a baby boy (David -- he's smart and adorable!) from Haiti. They've been there at least 3-4 times to visit him and were even there for his 1st Birthday but the paperwork just hasn't processed yet so they can't bring him home yet. But, they are hopeful that it'll happen soon and have put the whole thing in God's hands throughout the whole process.
Ben is already trying to impress his first lady friend huh? Dont you think he may be moving a little fast?
ReplyDelete