I haven't said much about this election, mainly because I don't care for the drama of politics.
Now that it's "over" it's clear that it's not over. I am disappointed in how people are behaving. Not only McCain fans but Obama ones too. Sore losers, sore winners.
Have we forgotten who is ultimately in control? I read something this morning from a friend of a friend. I think it sums up how I feel perfectly:
Just recognize that the Kingdom encompasses your primary existence, and then it shouldn't matter where you live and who the leader is. Are you primarily Christian, or primarily American?
I'm nervous for the future of our country, especially with a husband in the military, but I trust that God is in control and I'm going to keep praying that the coming changes are for the better.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I heard something similar on the radio today about how we don't put our faith in our leaders, we put it in God and then we pray for our leaders.
ReplyDeleteIt has certainly been a hectic political time and hopefully things will calm down.
amen sister
ReplyDeletei got a really nasty phone call from a "friend" cackling and gloating about how she was sorry my candidate didn't win... and then she screamed "NOT" into the phone and laughed like an asylum escapee. i thought Mr. Obama would be appalled that one of his supporters behaved that way, and i thought it was the epitome of what's wrong with this country. how are we supposed to come together when people behave like that? and yes Ash... in church the minister said "God's not a republican... God's not a democrat... God is KING." big fat DUH! i'm so glad this stupid election is over.
ReplyDelete