About Me

Friday, January 30, 2009

Grateful

A friend of mine enlisted me to start a gratitude journal. Here is what she says about it,

"Reasons why it's a great idea-
*I have moments every day where I think, 'thank you!' because of something going just right (as simple as finding the keys to the car), or having a prayer answered. But often I forget these things when I'm tired and saying my prayer at night. The journal helps me to remember what I've been given, so I can thank Heavenly Father formally.
*If I'm having a dull or tough day, I can just look back on days prior and know I'm okay. I'm reminded He never leaves me without."


So, here are my five from yesterday,

1. A gorgeous view of Mt. Ranier peeking from the rain clouds
2. My Mom
3. Two beautiful, healthy babies
4. Strawberries and honey bunches of oats cereal and my brother in law who bought it with his last dollar...and didn't complain when I ate it all...
5. That God lead us to our church and that we were able to connect with other couples so easily. It's been so, so nice.

Ok, now I'll challenge you readers to do the same, even if you don't blog, it's nice to think of daily things that you are grateful for. Because it's true, God doesn't leave you without. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your 5~! You do have the cutest babies. And I'm glad you put the cereal in there, so I don't feel so silly about including a burrito in my 5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you (and Monica, even though we have never met) becuase this is such a great idea. I have been in such a discouraged state for the past few weeks and after reading this I find myself thinking more and more through the days about what I am thankful for and it can change the way your day is going when you focus on the right things. It kind of gets stuck in your head and it is hard not to think about after a while. Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete