About Me

Monday, January 26, 2009

Challenges


A couple days ago I woke up with a headache, pain in my ears, sore throat, cough, etc. Not fun. It was that morning that Benjamin chose to take everything out of every cupboard and drawer he could get into. About two hours in, I was maxed out and really tired of saying "no," and "put that back." Then it dawned on me. I didn't feel good, so I wasn't doing much, and he was bored. So we got out some puzzles and some crayons...played with some trains and the rest of the day he was an angel.
Duh! Shouldn't I have known?
Other than Benjamin acting up and attempting to LAY on his sister, all is well around here. I find it a little more difficult to get things done around the house in a timely manner...it pretty much takes me all day to pick up. At least the days go fast...
Another challenge of 24/7 with two babes is having no time to myself. As soon as I'm done with one, it's the other.
They are both excellent nappers, so there's a perk, but so far, I've wanted to nap too, so I have yet to use that valuable nap time for something other than sleep.
I guess I really can't complain too much, Evey has slept through the night twice, and she usually only wakes up once around 3:30 or 4:00. When she is awake though, she is demanding, if her diaper is wet, she screams, if she is hungry, she screams. She's a girl who knows what she wants, and fulfilling her needs immediately quiets her. I wonder if this will always be a personality trait of hers....
Well...I did have some other pictures to post, but again the poopy diapers are calling my name...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful babies! I see that Italian blood coming through in Miss Evey! Benjamin is Mr. Dutch. Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete