About Me

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Floors!

Well, the new flooring is all in..all that's left is the trim work and the final clean up. Everything is organized (i.e. toys, closets, cupboards...), I feel like I'm in full nesting mode. The end is in sight and I can't wait.

The rug is one we had in Germany, I like it, but feel that it has more of a juvenile feel to it. I found one at Home Depot tonight that I like better, just something neutral with texture so I can easily change decor when I want to...

Anyway..The living room is the only clean room, I cleaned it so I could take a picture for Rick..the rest of the house has stuff piled everywhere and is covered in dust. So even though I've stayed up cleaning/organizing til 2AM three times since returning home..I'm guessing it's not the last time...But, all the closets and cupboards are clean and everything now has a designated place...again with the nesting I guess...

The children and I were confined to the Loft while they put the floors in from 8:30AM to almost 5pm. Long, tiring day..and I am fully appreciative of ALL the space in our house we have to run around in.

Anyway...I'm going to the Doctor tomorrow and then to the Honda dealership to look at a mini van...yep, we're going there....I get to do it all kid free thanks to a friend. After a pretty trying week, the break is very welcome here!

2 comments:

  1. looks great! glad you're giving yourself a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! You're making me want to go into nesting mode. lol a little premature for me though ;)

    ReplyDelete