About Me

Monday, March 15, 2010

Our 250th Day of Deployment!

Our little nameless wonder!

Arrived at 3:31am today in 1 hour and 31 minutes of (active) labor, weighing in at 7lbs 10oz (Which I guessed dead on!) and measuring 19.5 inches long.

My first thought was that she looked a lot like Ben, but with brown hair..and she has the dark blue eyes like Evelyn was born with.

She's so far very sweet, likes to be warm, wasn't a fan of the water, and is pretty awesome at nursing. She even spent a good half hour wide awake and looking around.

I went to the hospital Sunday night for a few doses of cytotec, but after just one dose and some sleep, I woke up at 2am to find that I was having some pretty strong contractions. My nurse checked, and declared me to be in labor and dilated to a 3. About a half hour later I was at 8cm and just minutes after that I was a full 10 and ready to push. It all went extremely fast, and I think my nurse was even a little nervous!

I heard the baby cry almost immediately, and I was allowed to cut the umbilical cord. I watched them wipe her off and then they handed her to me. She is so tiny compared to what Evelyn was!

Anyway, we are both doing well, I'll keep you posted on her name!





8 comments:

  1. we are patiently waiting;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are patiently waiting;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so perfect!! Did you know it was going to be a girl, or did you wait for the "it's a girl" from the doctor??

    I was also thinking she was a mini-Ben with the dark features of Evelyn :) Can't wait for more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Rick and Ashley! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! My heart goes out to you having done this by yourself, my guy deployed right after our second child was born. She is just lovely, and I'm so jealous of your last tummy shot, in my haste I decided to skip the final shot and now I'm regretting it. It will be fun to check in with you as our babes grow! Take care and accept all the help offered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations :) I can not imagine what it would be like to have a child while your husband is deployed... you are such a strong woman. Will he get to come home anytime soon? My prayers go out to you all, and again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete