About Me

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In the words of my mother....

Ok! Now I'm MAD!

Yesterday, I turned in our 30 day notice. Letting the leasing office know, that due to military orders we will be breaking our lease.

Before we moved in, we called and asked what kind of penalty there might be for military who would potentially (definitely) be breaking a lease. She was SO kind.."Oh, we would never penalize military, we appreciate all you do, and we realize the base here is mainly a training post....blah blah blah."

So...since we moved in, I clean the apartment in the morning and I always start in the kitchen. First taking out the trash and sitting it on the patio until I get dressed and take it to the dumpster. I NEVER leave the trash out for more than that day.

When we signed our lease, the crazier of the two ladies said, "Now, if you sit your trash out on your patio, and our guys pick it up, it will be a 50$ fine. But don't really worry about it, they don't want to take your trash out any more than you do, and they don't get any money for doing it anyway...Just make sure you aren't leaving it sit for like a week, um because, that's tacky.."


Ok...still with me?


This morning, I am picking up the house, already had the trash out, and I get a knock on the door. It's the head honcho lady from the leasing office...
"Um, hi hon, I just want to give you a heads up, I see you've got the trash sitting out, and if my guys come by and grab it, I'm gonna charge ya $50."

"Oh, yeah, I just put it out there this morning."

"Yeah, it doesn't matter. My guys take it, it's $50. Just a heads up. Just letting you know."

Hmm....I've been putting trash out like every other morning since MAY...coincidence that she needs to say something about it AFTER I turned in a 30 day notice? I THINK NOT!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, maybe you should just be leaving that inside until you take it out or you will be guaranteed to get that $50 fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I say that? LOL!

    ReplyDelete