About Me

Monday, August 18, 2008

Can't Think of a Title....

Today was much better as far as house hunting goes. We only saw a few houses, but a couple that we saw we really liked. Our realtor couldn't be better. He's fabulous. He's rich, and he's totally schmoozing us. :-D He took us to this little mom and pop diner today for lunch and it was amazing. I'm pretty sure it's Richard's new favorite restaurant.

We did see one house that we really liked online. However, there were no photos of the inside. When we walked inside, we saw why. It smelled like a dog kennel, and it looked like someone ate a bucket of fried chicken and then used the walls for a napkin, I think that little girl from the exorcist had a field day with the carpet, and the kitchen was just...ew!

Anyway...Richard is busy in processing in the morning while Benjamin and I kick it in the hotel room. The afternoons are reserved for the great house hunt. :-D You can keep praying that we find something that is perfect for us though, I know it helps. ;)

In other news. Benjamin has discovered belly buttons and is obsessed with mine. I am trying to teach him the word baby, but he mostly just nods and smiles at me instead. Last night we were telling him that there was a baby in mommy's tummy and he just kept laying his head down and tapping my stomach with his hand. It was pretty adorable. (lets just excuse the way I look in that picture..ehhh)

Benjamin has also recently become attached to this small black backpack. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but it's this tiny Adidas backpack that mysteriously left my parents house and stalked us all the way here. I think my dad tucked it in one of our boxes....hmm. Anyway, Ben loves it...and freaks out if he's carrying it and one of us tries to take it away. It's his and he wants us to know it. I can't wait until he can speak (well, maybe I can). It's so frustrating sometimes when we know he is obviously trying to tell us something but we can't figure it out.

Aww. My boys and their backpacks... :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place soon enough! Both of those pictures are really cute. You should get all ready and take some black and white pics of benny and your belly, it's really cute. Love the backpack too, haha you can just load his diapers and stuff in there so he can carry it himself. Don't weigh him down too much though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... i love em's idea of making ben carry his own diaper bag. it makes good sense.

    Enjoyed catching up with your journey today. Hope you find something soon. my house hunt continues too, with snag after snag after snag. i hope yours goes smoother... i will pray for that for both of us.

    that picture of ben a few posts back, asleep with the crackers... have never seen him look so much like his daddy. good thing you married a cutie or that would be a bad thing. haha.

    love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he found the baby in there and is trying to tell you what it is. Also I'm sure you guys will find a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom thinks that may have been a backpack of mine, but i cant tell from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL so funny about the backpack!! He was definitely attached to it that day you brought him to my house :) He was dragging that thing everywhere! haha... Good luck house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, love the picture of you and Ben - so sweet.
    You'll find a great place and settle down for a few years and be so happy with your growing family!

    ReplyDelete