Today was a fun day. We decided to get in the car and drive around. Our day began at IHOP. Benjamin decided to sleep through all of the eating. Too bad for him. It was delicious!
Then we decided to venture down to Olympia to see what we could see. We came upon the capitol building and nice open park. 
Then we decided to venture down to Olympia to see what we could see. We came upon the capitol building and nice open park. 
We saw some tents, so we decided to see what was going on. We inadvertently stumbled upon a "Hemp Fest." There were people rapping about marijuana, people nodding in agreement with the rappers and saying things like, "speak it," "legalize not penalize," people giving testimonials about marijuana, people selling drug paraphernalia (which I don't get because there were cops on bikes patrolling the fest), dancing hippies, people selling marijuana brownies, signs and posters of Bob Marley, people wearing t-shirts with marijuana leaves on them, i.e. an Adidas looking leaf that said "addicted" underneath, shirts from the movie half baked etc...

"Food, Fuel, Fiber, Medicine. Save the trees, plant HEMP"
It was quite the sight. We saw a lot today that we've never seen before.
After spending about 10 minutes at the hemp fest, we decided to check out Sand in the City. A fun little fest on the harbor set up by the children's museum.
We saw this first, so I had to stop, after all, motherhood is worth celebrating. ;)
Sand in the city was pretty entertaining, we ate sno cones, and played with bubbles, and had some fun. When we got bored with that we decided to go play in the fountain. You can view the rest of our pictures Here.
looks like a good time. are you going to live in the army apartment until you can move into the house?
ReplyDeleteMy, my, my....I have so much to say. Let's start with the Hemp Festival. All I have to say about that is: Welcome to the West Coast! Next, let's talk about the fat ladies in the bathing suits. Do you know how mad I would be if you did that to me? (have a heart) Next, the high school musical pose from Rick: PRICELESS! We need to make it a poster for Liz's room, it's THAT worthy! Last, but not least, I LOVE the picture of you by the stature. Adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day - and Wash. looks like a fun place to live. Awww - I miss you guys so much. and love! the picture of motherhood.
ReplyDeleteWhales? you have whales? We're definitely going to see the whales. Although....I think Jill did that, but didn't see any whales. :-(
ReplyDelete