About Me

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goodbye Arizona

And no, the trailer is not dented...
Helloooo California!
We made it through day one on the road without incident. Praise the Lord for that and thank you everyone for your prayers and your continued prayers as we continue our journey! :)


Our day started at around 7am when Rick left for his graduation practice. I still had some stuff to pack up in the kitchen and clean, and also clean the other bathroom. I was rudely interrupted at 7:30 when the power abruptly shut off. :( So I cleaned in the dark and didn't get to vacuum again. It all worked out though. When our leasing agent did the walk through, she gasped saying, "Oh my goodness, I wish all our tenants cleaned like you, this is just amazing..." She went on and on about each room and the cleanliness of it all. I really would like to thank my parents once again for my superior cleaning skills.

Then we hooked the truck up to the trailer and I think we were both a little shocked to see the serious low riding we were doing. I was a little less shocked since I did tell Rick not to put ALL the weight in the front of the trailer. ;)



So...on our way we went. We stopped outside of Tucson for lunch and the rest of the drive was fairly pleasant. Benjamin was a little fidgety, so we stopped to let him get a little exercise and then we let him watch a dvd. Just like his Aunt Liz, he enjoyed Baby's Day Out.

Oh, I did forget to mention that I cut Ben's hair. Finally. I was getting tired of the ratty hair in the back and his Alfalfa curl on the top. We think he's lookin pretty cute!


The lighting is pretty bad...but as you can see, no more fuzz!

I thought I had a few fun stories, but I can't think of them right now. We're hungry.

5 comments:

  1. if the trailer isn't dented then why does it look like it? just.......wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I don't know. Something with the thin metal and the heat. It makes it bow and look weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny how that little box contains the majority of your life..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going well, we will continue praying until your safe arrival

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, maybe it's just me....but knowing Benjamin, the way I know Benjamin, I would think Baby's Day Out is NOT a good movie for him to "get ideas" from. Ha! He'll be scaling buildings before you know it. I always say he reminds me of that baby. I will be sure and tell Great Grandma P. that you "cut that hair!". She'll be happy to know. Did Rick have a formal graduation? If so, pictures please! Love You!

    ReplyDelete